By | Ramesh Ranjan
“A brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.”
Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
What is our calling? What do we want to be known for? And when we know it, how do we get there? The answers to some of these questions are some of the most important in life, and your career. But so few take the time to ask, and answer them. In this workshop, we’ll explore these questions with a view to answering how you can build a personal brand that truly represents YOU.
Personal branding is an opportunity for you to take ownership of how you are perceived in the world and use it for your own benefit. Whether you are looking to change careers, starting out for the first time or simply want to increase your visibility in your industry, developing your personal brand is crucial to standing out and getting what you want. It opens doors to new opportunities and helps you attract people, projects and jobs that are consistent with what you want to be. All you need to do is figure out who you want to be and live it everywhere, every day.
To crystallize your personal brand, ask yourself
- What you want to be known for?
- What differentiates you from everyone else who might have a similar background or set of experiences?
- What skills, abilities, knowledge and attitudes do you have (or are developing) that will make people want to work with, follow or “friend” you — online or off?
- What value can you create for others as a friend, colleague, teammate, boss or subordinate?
- And what will make you satisfied and fulfilled that you are indeed making a contribution?
In this workshop, we will help you identify your passions, your long term goals and how to build your unique brand, and how to build and promote your brand online.